Along with regular professional vacancies, IAN also runs an intern program in science communication.
Subscribe to the 'IAN Vacancies' RSS Feed.
Cloud Solutions Specialist for the Chesapeake Collaborative Computer Center
The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science invites applications for a Cloud Solutions Specialist for the Chesapeake Collaborative Computing Center (CCCC). The successful candidate will work in partnership with the U.S. EPA Chesapeake Bay Program staff at its Annapolis office.
This position is a great opportunity to use your skills and experience to contribute to a variety of highly visible projects. The successful candidate needs to be a motivated self-starter. This role will interface directly with multiple cross-functional teams across the organization to help transition applications and services into the cloud. The successful candidate will be highly creative and innovative and will work directly with the Chesapeake Bay Program (CBP) Data Center Manger and key information technology staff. Typical areas of responsibility for this position will include:
- Assist in the development of solutions for business needs with commercially-available cloud-based technologies by evaluating different technology options and vendor products, such as Amazon Web Service, Azure, and Rackspace;
- Provide the technical expertise to determine, understand, and technically translate requirements into technical specifications for procurement and delivery of cloud-based services;
- Understand the various cloud computing architectures (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS) necessary to procure and configure cloud-based services and assist in the migration of web sites and applications to cloud infrastructure;
- Participate in significant architectural decisions and strategy development;
- Develop and implement methods to provide controlled access to cloud-based assets for multiple partner organizations;
- Candidates should have an undergraduate or advanced degree with at least two years of professional experience, or equivalent commensurate experience in information technologies with an emphasis on cloud-based computing systems. Background in systems administration and excellent communication skills are required.
The successful candidate is entitled to University benefits and salary is commensurate with experience. The funding for this position is from a federal grant. Please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to Dave Nemazie at email@example.com prior to 21 September 2015.
The position will remain opened until filled. The successful candidate may be required to submit to a federal background check. UMCES is an EEO/AA employer.