PART 8; Communicating Science Effectively poster
In real time, as the plenary talk was being delivered, Dr. Charlotte Young from Envision Synergy quietly recorded the seminar as a story board on a large colorful poster in the back of the room. Following the seminar, I was able to view her graphical interpretation of the talk. She had created some really interesting icons, like the various depictions of people, footsteps for a 5 step program, and key phrases and graphical elements from the talk. Combined with a title and subtitle, it was extremely easy to grasp the essential features of the seminar. It was such a good summary that I transferred the poster into the room where Ben Longstaff and I conducted a Science Communication workshop and used it to summarize the talk.
Other posts in this series:
1. Part 1 – Science Communication
2. Part 2 – Incorporating visual elements
3. Part 3 – History of Science Communication
4. Part 4 – Environmental Report Cards
5. Part 5 – Report card examples
6. Part 6 – Five step program for environmental report cards
7. Part 7 – Oh Canada!