Sponsored by the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS) and the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP), the workshop began by covering the current (and onerous) reporting requirements to various global, regional, and national organizations. By the end of the two-day intensive workshop, the following recommendations were agreed upon:
- Strengthen the Pacific Plan as the regional framework for sustainable development and to facilitate streamlined reporting.
- Promote national level ownership of reporting, to drive an effective reporting process at regional and international levels.
- Develop indicator frameworks that address national priorities while facilitating streamlined reporting using existing and accessible databases.
- Increase capacity (build or supplement) at a national level to better deliver streamlined reporting.
- Present a case for differential reporting strategies for Pacific small island nations.
- Seek opportunities to harmonise donor reporting requirements.
Stay tuned for the workshop summary document, which will be produced in the usual IAN science communication style:Related Projects