IAN Science Communication Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: graphic for sign language medical interpreter  (Read 6159 times)

Offline clarksnj

graphic for sign language medical interpreter
« on: March 03, 2005, 02:16:45 pm »
What a great creative forum!  I am a certified sign language interpreter and work as an on-call contract employee for a variety of clinics, hospitals and mental health facilities within a fifty-mile radius.  Currently I wear a white jacket with an embroidered badge from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf that was issued in the 1980s.  It is out of date and I'd like to have a more stylised graphic that I could use on my business cards, ID badges, embroidered on my jacket, and perhaps on some polo shirts for work.  I'm thinking of two solid colors, one for the caduceus symbol or aesculapius sympbol and another color for the interpreter symbol.  I think the graphic needs to be very simple in design.  Perhaps the medical symbol in red and the interpreter symbol in black.  A simpler solution might be to use the six-pointed cross symbol seen on ambulances. I have a word document version of the interpreter graphic, but my efforts to attach it to this request have not been successful.  Let me know how to send it, and I'll try again. I'd be interested to see what anyone interested comes up with!  Thanks very much, Jean
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:06:11 pm by TraceyS »

Offline TraceyS

Re: graphic for sign language medical interpreter
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 02:44:56 pm »
Hi Jean,
The main purpose of this forum is to produce universally applicable scientific symbols rather than create specific logos.
What you want sounds more like a graphic design job to me, and I'm afraid that we simply don't have the resources to start doing graphic design for people, as I'm sure you'll appreciate that this could very quickly get out of hand!
You are more than welcome to use the medical caduceus symbol that I created in a previous post.
Sorry we can't help you with your request. Good luck with creating your logo!
Tracey

Offline clarksnj

Re: graphic for sign language medical interpreter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 10:47:46 pm »
Thank you for your response.  I came across your site when I goggled for medical graphics.  My husband was a biomedical imaging researcher, and I can see that your website could be very useful for scientists.  Good luck with your projects.  Jean