IAN Science Communication Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Request for bigeye tuna symbol  (Read 5298 times)

Offline hmorzaria

Request for bigeye tuna symbol
« on: October 28, 2009, 04:52:50 pm »
Hi, I would lake to request a symbol for Tunnus obesus (big-eye tuna). Mostly I need a large pelagic fish and there are no good examples in the current IAN library. This species is common enough that would useful to other users.

Description: 
Dorsal spines: 13 - 14; Dorsal soft rays: 14 - 15; Anal  spines: 0; Anal  soft rays: 14. Large body, deepest near the middle of the first dorsal fin base. Lower sides and belly whitish; a lateral iridescent blue band runs along the sides in live specimens. The first dorsal fin is deep yellow, the second dorsal and anal fins are light yellow, the finlets are bright yellow edged with black.

Attached image:

Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences, Information Center . Creative commons license

Offline AdrianJ

• Administrator
Re: Request for bigeye tuna symbol
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 02:25:58 pm »
Hi,

We will keep your request for the bigeye tuna, but in the meantime, we do have a yellowfin tuna that I thought might be useful for you.

http://ian.umces.edu/imagelibrary/displayimage-5711.html

Just so you know, all our symbols are currently being uploaded to our searchable image library. This hasn't been completed as yet, but there are already many new symbols that aren't in our current Illustrator package.

The symbols in the image library are in SVG format, which can be opened by Illustrator as well as most other vector software, including the free Inkscape program.