I need a version of IAN's stream vs ditch image to reflect agricultural practices and vegetation in New Zealand. This would be used for teaching and communication with landowners and other stakeholders in Canterbury, New Zealand.
Using the existing IAN stream vs ditch diagram, I would like to request these modifications:
- Replace with local trees: willowshttp://wallpoper.com/images/00/44/02/93/willow-in-the-park-queenstown-new-zealand_00440293.jpghttp://www.es.govt.nz/media/6040/good-placement-of-vegetation-is-essential.png
- replace corn with cow, sheep and pivot irrigators (see link)http://www.fao.org/ag/agp/AGPC/doc/Counprof/newzealand/images/figure34.jpg
- add macrophyte in the ditch (see link for monkey musk example)http://www.nzpcn.org.nz/flora_images_large/Mimulus-guttatus-01.jpg
- remove thermometer
- Add visible layer of sediment/dark sand on bottom of ditch
(3) Add "Rehabilitated ditch" as a third image/panel
- Add fence on either side of the ditchhttp://ecan.govt.nz/advice/your-business/farming/PublishingImages/managing-streams-waterways-3.jpg
- Cows and sheep outside of the ditchhttp://www.fertilefields.co.nz/drupal/sites/default/files/imagepicker/1/600XT_cows.jpg
- Add riparian plants (carex, cabbage tree, grass) between ditch and fence:http://www.es.govt.nz/media/6040/good-placement-of-vegetation-is-essential.png
- Immediate ditch-side vegetation is Carex sp.: http://www.pukeraunursery.co.nz/uploaded/thumbnails/db_file_img_7657_1000xauto.jpg
- Add leaves and tree/log in ditch
- Add local NZ trout in ditch:http://www.dream-waters.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/peter-gomm-004_resize.jpg
If I can provide any additional info/images, please let me know. Thank you so much.