IAN Science Communication Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Symbol Posting Instructions  (Read 12990 times)

Offline AdrianJ

• Administrator
Symbol Posting Instructions
« on: May 13, 2004, 06:31:01 pm »
If you've made symbols yourself that you would like to share, please post them in this forum for others to download.  We may also include them in the next update of the Symbol Libraries.  If your symbol is accepted into the IAN Symbol Libraries, we will include you in the list of contributors which is in the documentation accompanying the symbols.

To upload a symbol, please use the attach feature!  Please attach the original illustration in .ai format and if possible a small jpg preview so users can see what you have provided in their browsers.
Also include a full description, including the scientific and common name if possible (where appropriate).

Thankyou very much for your contributions, and happy diagramming!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 01:08:46 pm by AdrianJ »

Offline Kister

Re: Symbol Posting Instructions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 06:31:47 pm »
Hi,
I'm not sure how to post the preview - do I just create a small jpeg and then attach both it and the original file? It's really nice when a preview is available, so I'd like to be able to do it.
Thanks.

Offline AdrianJ

• Administrator
Re: Symbol Posting Instructions
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 10:23:43 am »
Kister,

Yes to make a preview you can simply create a GIF or JPG version and attach that along with the AI version. The forum will automatically display the preview inline.

Cheers,
Adrian